- Natural Mexican Tortillas (buy it ready without additives)
- 240g Pokka Reindeer salted meat
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Small red pepper
- 1 Small yellow pepper
- 1 Small green pepper
- 1 large chilli or two small
- 2 mashed garlics
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Source Cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped coriander
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- Kosher salt
1. Make the Guacamole. Process together the avocado, tomatoes, fresh coriander and chilli in a food processor, stir in the spring onions and season.
2. Peel and chop the onion into small pieces. Cut one ring of green pepper to decorate the tortillas.
Repeat the same with the red pepper. Julienne rest of peppers. Chop the chilli into small pieces. Peal and mach the garlics.
3. Preheat the four tablespoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the chopped onion on medium heat until tender avoiding it gets brow.
Add the julienned peppers, garlic, chilli and, coriander. Continue cooking and stirring for another 4 minutes. Put the stir-fried vegetables in a bowl.
4. Season the meat with black pepper and cumin and divide the meat in two batches.
Add two tablespoon of oil to the pan (the same pan used to make the stir-fried), turn to high heat and wait until the pan gets very hot.
Add the first batch of meat, add salt and fry for 1-2 minutes.
Put the fried meat in the bowl with the stir-fry. Add more oil to the pan if necessary and wait until it gets very hot.
Add the second batch of meat, add salt and fry for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the meat and stir-fry from the bowl. Mix well.
5. Heat tortillas as per packet directions.Place some lettuce in the centre of each tortilla and pile with the meat mix. Spread the shredded cheddar cheese and old to enclose the filling.
Decorate the tortillas with thin strings of pepper and a pepper ring. Serve the tortillas with guacamole, sour cream and nachos on the side.
Sign up for more recipes
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh coriander ½ large mild red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced